OK, so many are curious about the trustee variance issue of course, so I’ll try to summarize. I don’t have the minutes so the wording might not be exact, but here is how it played out (in a nutshell):
- Trustee Lori Pratt moved that we reduce the number of trustees by two and move to an at-large voting system, district wide.
- Trustee Jason Scott seconded
- Much discussion
- Trustees Lori Pratt and Jason Scott eventually voted in favour of the motion–motion was defeated.
- Trustee Greg Russell moved that we shift the areas and trustees, while keeping seven trustees.
- Roberts Creek–South 3 Trustees; District of Sechelt & SIB 3 Trustees; Halfmoon Bay Pender Harbour 1 Trustee
- Seconded by Trustee Dave Mewhort (possibly Fran Heppell-my apologies if so)
- Much discussion ensued
- Trustees Greg Russell, Dave Mewhort, and Fran Heppell voted in favour of the motion–motion was successful.